Welcome to Mrs Mayers’ Reception Class, on here you can learn all about what is happening in Reception and see all of the exciting things we have been learning!
Teacher: Mrs Mayers
Teaching Assistants: Miss Boyle and Miss Flynn
- Weekly homework letter 2.2.18
- Weekly homework letter 9.2.18
- Weekly homework letter 16.2.18
- Weekly homework letter 9.3.18
- Weekly homework letter 16.3.18
- Weekly homework letter 23.3.18
- Weekly homework letter 29.3.18
- Weekly homework letter 20.4.18
- Weekly homework letter 27.4.18
- Weekly homework letter 4.5.18
- Weekly homework letter 11.5.18
- Weekly homework letter 18.5.18
- Weekly homework letter 25/5/18
- Weekly homework letter 15.6.18
- Weekly homework letter 22.6.18
- Discovered at Home sheet
Here we are in the last half term before the Summer Holidays. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone!
I want to start by saying how proud I am of all the Reception children. They are all working really hard and impressing me lots! Thank you to our parents and carers for all your support too with your child’s learning.
This half term our topic is ‘Pirates, Mermaids and Under the Sea. During this topic we will be doing lots of creative activities, problem solving activities, activities that involve teamwork and activities that involve following lots of instructions.
We will be working on a very special performance to share with you towards the end of the term.
This half term we also have Sports Day, our graduation and another Mills Merit Treat Day.
We will also be preparing the children for Year 1, making sure they feel happy about the next step in their adventure at Discovery Academy. I will be adjusting our timetable so that the children get used to a morning of structured learning (still in our fun way of course) and the children will get to visit Year 1, spending time in their new classroom with their new teacher.
This half term we will have PE on a Tuesday and a Friday. On Friday the children will be working with the cricket coach.
This half term please make sure your child has the reading book and library book in their book bags each day and that their reading record has been signed to let us know how they have got on with their reading book.
Homework will be given out on the Friday and this needs to be handed in on the Monday.