It is our mission to provide an educational journey and experience that is second to none, to be a beacon in our communities and to leave our children and families with the lasting impact of a fulfilled potential and a lifelong love of learning. In providing excellent educational services we aim to become the school of choice in our local area and provide a place where children can thrive educationally and personally day after day.
We believe in aspiration for all. This means nurturing, supporting and developing every aspect of every single child in our care. We want to create a world where the sky is the limit for all of our pupils; building pathways for all and focusing on personal and academic success and eventually progress to successful employment.
We have a wonderfully supportive ethos at Discovery Academy which ensures that our pupils are well behaved, hardworking, friendly and kind. All characteristics that we believe make for happy and successful children.
Our values are:
- Discovering – Seeking opportunities to expand knowledge and experience;
- Inspiring – Encouraging all to be as creative and motivating as possible;
- Caring – Providing support and guidance for the whole school community;
- Improving – Striving to better ourselves at all times; and
- Achieving – Teaching to attain aspirational targets.
For our pupils this means:
- Discovering – finding out about our world we live in;
- Inspiring – making somebody else want to do something positive;
- Caring – looking after each other and thinking about others;
- Improving – getting better at things because we keep trying; and
- Achieving – getting something by working hard for it.